my favorite poems atm

"Her heart was made of liquid sunsets" - Virginia Woolf

My heart feels alive when I read this. I have this picture of a beautiful sunset on a beach on my mind. And I feel peaceful and calm because I know my heart is not dead. It is alive and moving. And it makes me feel free. Freedom.



"I desired always to stretch the night, and fill it fuller and fuller with dreams." - Virginia Woolf

Her desire is my desire. Last night I couldn't sleep so I laid on the ground of my room just so I could look out my window. And I saw the stars shining in the dark sky. And I dreamt and dreamt and dreamt. Because the night is short and days are long. We can dream forever.


".... the mystical side of this solitude; how it is not oneself but something in the universe that one's left with. It is that is frightening and exciting in the midst of my profound gloom, depression, boredom, whatever it is." - Selected Diaries, Virginia Woolf

A depiction of my feelings at the moment. Some may feel trapped in their homes but I feel free. Because I still have a little part of the universe in me. The possibilities are endless. There is no need to set boundaries. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

anti-racist resources & support of the BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT

breaking the format #BLACKLIVESMATTER

moved but not moving