moved but not moving

just sat in the cinema for one and a half hours

in complete darkness

haven't felt that kind of peace in weeks

moving the focus away from myself to the screen

surrendering to the director's vision

to the moving pictures

black and white frames of new york city

of the forests in new orleans

of the ocean and venice beach

a man

a kid

a woman

surviving

laughing

crying

yelling

living

in all its ugliness and beauty

I was moved but not moving.


I was inspired to write this after I saw the movie "C'mon C'mon" this weekend. The best movies out there are the ones that inspire you to create art. And this one is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.



                                             


movie trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzushAOM88



image source: https://images.app.goo.gl/9r8BboQxrZ3NDLEMA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

anti-racist resources & support of the BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT

breaking the format #BLACKLIVESMATTER