a book quote that made me realize something

"I just hope there is more than the day-to-day stuff. But I never found it, maybe because finding it scares me." p.43

As soon as I got to p.43 of this book this quote caught my eye. Because I had experienced the same feelings. Maybe you've experienced this feeling too. It feels like you met a dead end and you can't seem to find the deeper meaning of live. Maybe you also feel caught in the same hamster wheel that is repeating itself every day. I've had times like this were it felt like there was no love and no hope in my life. I just existed and hoped that this feeling would pass. I guess what André Aciman is telling you through this quote is that you have to be fearless in order to live. You have to be brave. We tend to set ourselves a lot of imaginary boundaries. Not only ourselves but also society sets a lot of boundaries within us. Why do we keep limiting ourselves? 

P.S.: I can strongly recommend that you read "Find Me" by André Aciman. It is a sequel to his critically acclaimed book called "Call Me By Your Name". But I think this book can also stand for itself. There is a lot of quotable stuff in there. And his writing is amazing I'm nearly lost for words. I haven't read the whole book yet. But a fact that speaks to Aciman's genius is that I've read 90 pages already and he describes the course of a day in this 90 pages. I literally can't put this book down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

anti-racist resources & support of the BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT

breaking the format #BLACKLIVESMATTER

moved but not moving